Sunday, April 20, 2008

Blah Blah Blog

I suspect I actually pilfered that title from someone's blog, as it seems too clever for my Sunday morning brain. Apologies for the lack of attribution - at least I'm refusing to take credit for it. I've nothing big to focus on (however, "Meat the Press" is on in the background, so it's always possible that I'll lose it and start yelling at David Brooks), but I haven't given up on trying to post with a bit more regularity. So here goes...

I posted some of my older FOs on Ravelry; can't say there is much that's exciting to look at , although I do like the Orca Tails scarf - I knitted two, but gifted one to a friend before I could photograph it. I also like my Bad Juju doll, but I have to get some photos of it - it's in my office at work. I had debated giving it to someone, but he was so cute that I had to keep him. This explains why I ended up purchasing some Selfish Knitter buttons from the lovely Cdaniele on Ravelry; I've gotten to the point where I won't knit for people who aren't knitters, or don't appreciate the value of fine yarn and the hours spent creating something. If you'd rather all your stuff came from Chinese child labor, you deserve what you get.

Another tale of selfish knitting - someone had asked me many, many moons ago, to knit them up a nice scarf, no wool (I know a lot of no wool types, another reason why I don't knit so much for others). So I picked up some lovely Blue Heron Cotton/Rayon seed yarn. I showed them the yarn - they had asked for something along hand painted lines - and they looked all pistol sprung and asked if I could get it in a solid...not bloody likely, as I was now the proud owner of $30+ of yarn that I would not have purchased for myself (it's lovely, but just not my first choice). So after having this in my stash forever (a couple of years, at least), I searched projects on Ravelry for something suitable to make out of this and found someone who has made three Clapotis out of it. She includes notes about her modifications to the pattern to accommodate the yarn - the perfect Ravelry project description! Woo hoo!

NB: I linked to the original sources of the patterns, not my project photos. If you are on Ravelry, you can find me under feraljane; if you're not, the links would be useless, at least until Ravelry goes public.

No comments: