Monday, May 21, 2007

Belding Corticelli Bk KP 13


This is one of my most favorite vintage knitting books; the designs are not too haute or over-the-top, but they are classic 1930's. You'd look right at home on the set of "The Black Cat" in any of these outfits (although whether you'd match the creepy repartee of Lugosi & Karloff in that film is another story entirely - Bela warms my cardiac cockles when he says "Superstitious? Perhaps. Baloney? Perhaps not.").


I bought this and some other 1930's knitting books in a flea market in Landisville, NJ a couple of decades ago. I'll be posting patterns from this book periodically (as well as others). If you've got something you're particularly interested in, send me an email and I'll see if I have a pattern for it. WARNING: It may take me awhile to get back to you or post something. If you're in a huge hurry for that perfect pattern, I'm not the person you want. Hey, at least I'm not pretending to be organized.



No comments: