Friday, February 23, 2007

Delancey Scarf (Minverva Bk 36, 1934)

{It was pointed out to me that there was a missing asterisk on the row 9 instructions; I have corrected it, and I apologize to anyone who was wondering why it wasn't knitting up properly!}



Cast on 36 sts. Knit 6 rows (3 ribs), then work in pattern for 29 inches {or desired length}, knit 6 rows, bind off.

Stitch Pattern

Row 1: K2, * yo, k2tog; repeat from * to end of row.

Row 2: P

Repeat these two rows 3 more times.

Row 9: K1, *k2tog (k through back of sts), yo; repeat from *, end with k1.

Row 10: P

Repeat these two rows 3 more times; there are 16 rows to one complete pattern.

{Below are photos of my Delancey WIP, unblocked. I'm working it on some Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino that I had left from another project. I like the way the direction of the decreases automatically forms the nifty, jagged border - it's a very easy stitch pattern.}