Monday, March 10, 2008

Ravelry Doings

Yarn Crawl

I went on a yarn crawl last weekend with a couple of Seattle Ravelers. What can I say, it was a joy to be able to spend four or five hours visiting six different stores! Hilltop was still closed – frown – but we made up for it by being snubbed at Tricoter (two of us were snubbed – one of us actually looks respectable and prosperous enough to shop there). Having said that, I do want to take a good gander at their skirt book – I’ve seen the designs hanging in the store, and if the patterns actually are human sized (as opposed to anorexic mannequin) I might want to add it to the library someday…maybe.

Valentine’s Day Swap

Some of us on Ravelry indulged in a knitter’s swap for VD. I have to say, it was a blast. My partner and I decided to both exceed the limit the group agreed on (I like low limits – that way, even when I’m super poor, I can still manage a little something for a swap pal). I got some of the coolest stuff – and I promise, Sue, to post the photos on Ravelry soon! She sent me tons of neat stuff, but c’mon, the Malabrigo lace weight was the best. Soooooo soft…sooooooo red….mmmmMalabrigo.

No comments: